STATUTORY LEVY INFORMATION
SATI is mandated to invoice for and collect the statutory levy due on all table grapes passed for export.
The levy is required to fund and facilitate:
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Market Access and Development
- Research and Technology
- Transformation and Training
In terms of certain statutory measures promulgated by the Minister under the Marketing of Agricultural Products Act 47 of 1996, SATI is responsible for:
- Ensuring that table grape producers register with SATI in terms of the Registration Measure.
- Submitting and/or filing records and returns in terms of the Records and Returns Measure.
- Supervising the collection of the levy which is currently 9,22 c/ kg (41,5 cents per 4.5kg equivalent carton) for the 2016/2017 season.
All producers of table grapes are compelled to register with the South African Table Grape Industry (SATI), who is the levy administrator.