STATUTORY LEVY INFORMATION
SATI is mandated to invoice for and collect the statutory levy due on all table grapes passed for export.
The levy is required to fund and facilitate:
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Market Access and Development
- Research and Technology
- Transformation and Training
In terms of certain statutory measures promulgated in the Government Gazette by the Minister of Agriculture under the Marketing of Agricultural Products Act 47 of 1996, SATI is responsible for:
- Ensuring that table grape producers register with SATI in terms of the Registration Measure.
- Submitting and/or filing records and returns in terms of the Records and Returns Measure.
- Supervising the collection of the levy which is currently 10,89c /kg (49 cents per 4.5kg equivalent carton) for the 2019/2020 season.
All producers of table grapes are compelled to register with the South African Table Grape Industry (SATI), who is the levy administrator.